HILLSONG LIVE - A BEAUTIFUL EXCHANGE SONG STORY

Posted by thechurchtools On Sunday, July 11, 2010

Believe - Story by Darlene Zschech


I actually went into the chapel to play Reuben some of the worship songs I had been writing, and came out with one of his to work on... It's funny how that happens... BUT it's always an honour to write with others, and I LOVE the direction this song ended up taking. There is nothing more powerful as a worship leader than to declare the faithfulness of God over people's lives, to remind them that our God reigns, truly reigns...and that He cares enough for each of our lives to be STRENGTH for us all.


Psalm 16:8 sums this song up beautifully... "Because He is at my right hand, I will not be shaken." His name is greater, stronger and more secure than anything we encounter in this world...and so we believe, even with the faith of a mustard seed...and trust in our God, that HE IS IN CONTROL. Learning to let go and live in this TRUST is probably one of the great revelations we gather over time on this great God journey. But I do sincerely pray, that whatever is going on in your world, that you will BELIEVE... He is strong enough...

The One who saves - Story by Ben Fielding


This is a call to worship, to turn from old ways and surrender to God; A God who gives us hope, peace and rest, who is desperate to know us and reconcile us back to himself. In fact He loves so persistently that the scriptures say 'His love endures forever'. Psalm 27 starts by saying "The Lord is my light, and the One who saves me."


I began writing this song after receiving a bad report about the health of one of my family members. I take great comfort in knowing that we are not left alone in our own capacity or that we need to strive to know or encounter God in those moments, but rather He is vigorously pursuing us, making clear the way to Him. As we draw near to Him, He will draw near to us and we will find HOPE, PEACE and REST.


Love is like fire - Story by Matt Crocker


Around the same time that I wrote this song, everything that could be happening in my life, was happening. I was getting married only a couple of weeks out from the time that the song was written and I was just feeling like I needed to stop and put God above everything that was going on. Whenever I need to be refreshed by God I retreat into a place on my own, usually in the very early hours of the morning. I'll light a candle and just sit in front of it and wait to hear from God...


The lyrics were a reflection of what I was feeling at the time. Whenever you get honest before God he shows up. I think a song has more power when it comes from a place that the writer has been to, especially when God has taken them there. I want to know God intimately just like we read about with Jesus. I love reading about Jesus in the Garden of Gethsemane and how he placed all his trust in God even though he knew what was to come. I want that for my own life. A confidence that says no matter what is happening in my life right now God is in control and has everything in the palm of His hands.


The only place I know where to get this confidence is in His presence. I guess at the end of the day I feel that if I'm writing songs to God they need to be inviting of His presence and from the first note played in the song they need to draw people into God's presence.


Anyways [sic] back to the song at hand it's all about being drawn into the presence of the only one that can satisfy and fill our hearts with a love that never fails.


Like Incense - Story by Brooke Ligertwood

Before I knew Christ, an uncle who knew I [sic] had begun dabbling in writing songs told me about a song he loved, which described Abraham's descendants being like stars in the sky and one of those billions of stars being lit 'just for me'. Even as a 12 year old girl I was captivated by this image and it's [sic] implications.


A few years down the track as a new Christian, the simple and beautiful Rich Mullins chorus "God, You are my God and I will ever praise You" had become part of my worship.


A decade or so later, I was at home in Sydney, awake at a late hour and at my keyboard. I found myself singing words from Psalm 118 around Rich's old chorus. I brought it to our team and congregation, who embraced it. Only months later, after googling the chorus lyrics to find out which Mullins song they were actually from, did I discover that this well-known chorus was from the very same song about Abraham and all of us that had first stirred something in my heart as a child all those years ago.


Rich Mullins is a man whose life and legacy have profoundly impacted me. My hope is that this song honours his obedience and encourages many toward making this old chorus their eternal one.


Hillsong Live - A Beautiful Exchange (2010) Album Download:



via Hillsong Live

7 Response to 'HILLSONG LIVE - A BEAUTIFUL EXCHANGE SONG STORY'
What's your thoughts on this? Leave your comment!
Blog Archives
Subscribe to my feed
thechurchtoolsmedia@gmail.com

  1. Têffo Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1278942048670#c6132220749156449453'> July 12, 2010 at 11:10 PM

    I really loved the way Matt Crocker described about how he draw near to God! this is such a breathtaking experience. I love ways to be near God... and as a worship leader, there is nothing more important than draw people to the presence of God... amazing.

     

  2. Karin Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1278978861352#c2550034126287601426'> July 13, 2010 at 9:24 AM

    It's beautiful all songs that you've written, through our voices the Lord come with power to every places, nothing compares with his presence, it's just wonderful, with so much love to give. Be glorified our Saviour King!

     

  3. Marlon Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1285772366191#c7855841895152457592'> September 30, 2010 at 12:29 AM

    great site...Godbless

     

  4. Anonymous Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1286441962248#c7430107419701082207'> October 7, 2010 at 7:29 PM

    i love this site...

    This is one of the things that JESUS CHRIST reveals HIS new promises to us, HIS children :)

     

  5. Anonymous Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1296017323196#c2677456808811138380'> January 26, 2011 at 3:18 PM

    beautiful exchange!

    great music

    download hillsong live - a beautiful exchange 320kb/s
    http://hotfile.com/dl/99524491/fea6f41/Hillsong_Live_-_A_Beautiful_Exchange__dvdrip_bonus.rar.html

     

  6. Anonymous Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1297145492058#c3599739285320302765'> February 8, 2011 at 4:41 PM

    beautiful exchange!

    great music

    download hillsong live - a beautiful exchange 320kb/s

    http://hotfile.com/dl/102752965/42985d0/Hillsong_Live_-_A_Beautiful_Exchange__dvdrip_bonus.rar.html

     

  7. Anonymous Said,
    http://thechurchtools.blogspot.com/2010/07/hillsong-live-beautiful-exchange-song_2004.html?showComment=1321007823633#c7942736144667897519'> November 11, 2011 at 9:07 PM

    Your love is like fire is a song that has been described exaclly as it touches me..... love the song lots!!!!!!1

     

Post a Comment



Followers